MISSION, GOALS, & DRIVING PRINCIPLES
- to preserve humanity's living wildlife heritage
- to achieve worldwide recognition of the devastating effects of the commercial bushmeat trade,
- to encourage and organize long-term programs and urgent pilot projects that will stop the slaughter of great apes and other endangered animals,
- to establish viable alternatives to bushmeat commerce that serve people, wildlife, and diverse natural and cultural heritage.
- The main objective of every program and project will be to stop the slaughter and consumption of great apes and other endangered wildlife.
- The principle corrective process in these efforts will be to enable the people in bushmeat territories to preserve wildlife and to develop alternative foods that are healthy, satisfying, culturally responsible, and ecologically viable.
- Respected and competent members of all concerned factions will be involved in design, implementation, and monitoring of each overall program and all outgrowths.
- International support for specific community based solutions will be provided with minimal administrative overhead, majority control by local partners, and complete multi-directional accountability.
- The modus operandi of the programs will be collaborative teamwork, aimed at building partnerships that synergize personal and professional involvement for the well-being of the people, the wildlife, and the diverse natural and cultural heritage.
- The design, funding, and implementation of all programs will be monitored to assure optimal pursuit of the mission, achievement of goals and specific objectives, and compliance with these driving principles.
THE BIOSYNERGY INSTITUTE|
P.O. Box 488
Hermosa Beach, California 90254